Archive view more
Blog by Email
|Due Date Calculator|
1st day of last menstrual period?
|# days in your menstrual cycle
|Likely conception date:
|End of 1st trimester (12 weeks):
|End of 2nd trimester (27 weeks):
Your due date (40 weeks):
Halloween Fun!October 13, 2011
Halloween is right around the corner. It's time to find that perfect Halloween costume for your little one! There's so many cute costumes to choose from too. My two oldest children have specifically chosen their costumes this year. My six-year old is going to be Snake Eyes from G.I. Joe and my four-year old daughter is being a witch. Lucky for me, I get to dress the baby however I want! I've decided to go with Darth Vader. It's funny because he loves his older brother's Star Wars figures so it was an easy choice. I was pretty lucky to hit Target at the end of season sale last year and got his costume 75% off. I love Halloween because it lets me feel like a kid again. I love seeing how excited my kids get. It seems like Halloween kicks off the rest of the holidays that are just right around the corner. My kids are already singing Christmas songs! I love seeing the world through the eyes of my kids. Especially around the holidays!
What are your kids being for Halloween this year?
Halloween Party Ideas
I think Halloween themed parties are so much fun. There's so many great ideas out there right now. We have been to a few Birthday/Halloween parties and my kids had a blast. Here's some great ideas for a Spooky Halloween Bash!
Try food that's fun and creepy. You can use Halloween cookie cutters and cut out sandwiches in the shapes of ghosts or goblins or even pumpkins! You could even serve cheese and crackers and cut out the cheese in the shapes of mini pumpkins too. Serve with a skewer of olives to look like eyeballs!
For dessert try gummy fingers in dirt! You can use a hollowed out pumpkin to serve this or even just a simple clear bowl. Just bake a chocolate cake. Break up the cake and layer with chocolate pudding and crushed Oreo's on top. Add ghoulish gummy worms or gummy fingers. Kids will get a kick out this idea.
For a Witch's Brew the kids will enjoy, try this recipe!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 1/2 cups cranberry juice
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2 liters ginger ale
- 2 liters sparkling apple cider (non-alcoholic)
- 6 gummy snakes candy
- To make the frozen hand: Wash and rinse the outside of a rubber glove. Turn glove inside out and set aside. In a 4 cup measuring cup, combine the thawed raspberries and cranberry juice.
- Pour 2 cups of the raspberry mixture into a small saucepan. Sprinkle the gelatin over and let stand 2 minutes. Warm over low heat, stirring constantly, just until gelatin dissolves. Mix back into the reserved raspberry mixture in the measuring cup.
- Pour raspberry mixture into the inverted glove. Gather up the top of the glove and tie securely with kitchen twine. Freeze until solid, or several days if possible.
What's your favorite Halloween party idea?